May 30th, 2014
38 Degrees members in Southampton meet up
By Ali Torabi
On Tuesday 38 Degrees members in Southampton got together for an evening of curry and socialising. The meal was delicious, but overshadowed still by the opinionated, lively and friendly discussion of 38 Degrees members at the table.
Lots of issues were discussed, including:
- The results of the local and European elections and what they mean for Southampton
- The advantages of 38 Degrees being consciously non-party political
- How we can as a movement communicate our values better
- The gains 38 Degrees can make by encouraging more citizen-journalism
- How can 38 Degrees can reach out to a more diverse range of communities
- And how to start a local 38 Degrees group in Southampton and what the group would want to campaign on.