by charlotte Mar 6th, 2017
As members of 38 Degrees, each one of us helps decide the issues we work on together to make change happen. Knowing what all of us care about is vital.
On Monday morning, the office team sat down with the results of this survey to help decide what’s on the table for the week. Here are the results (1 is the ranked the highest priority and 10 is the lowest):
- Campaign for the NHS in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland to get the funding it needs to give world-class care.
- Campaign for more funding for social care so that the elderly and vulnerable are cared for.
- Campaigns against changes to disability support (called PIP) which will see people with mental health problems worse off.
- Campaign to make sure the social security system does more for the poorest and most vulnerable.
- Campaign for better mental health services in Scotland 6.68
- Campaign to crack down on tax-dodging.
- Campaign to make sure EU citizens are guaranteed the right to stay in Scotland.
- Campaign to stop employers from exploiting new staff (e.g. asking them to work shifts for free).
- Campaign for trade deals after Brexit that benefit everyone, not just big business.
- Campaign for a people-powered Brexit plan, prioritising fairness, justice, and the environment.
- Campaign to get the government to crack down on rip-off energy prices.
- Campaign for a permanent ban on fracking across Scotland.
- Campaign to protect our parks and green spaces from cuts and privatisation.
- Campaign to protect wildlife, like butterflies, from dying out.
The poll also checked in on what members think about 38 Degrees’ people-powered Brexit strategy. The question asked was:
“After the EU referendum, 38 Degrees members voted on how to respond to Brexit and its fallout. We decided to draw up a people-powered Brexit plan that priorities fairness, justice and the environment – then campaign as hard as we can to push the debate in the right direction to shape what happens next. Is this still a good idea?”