by Daphne Apr 7th, 2017
As members of 38 Degrees, each one of us helps decide the issues we work on together to make change happen. Knowing what all of us care about is vital.
Each week, a random sample of 38 Degrees members across England, Wales and Northern Ireland are asked about which issues mean the most to them, and which campaigns they want to prioritise. Here are some of the headline results:
- The issues 38 Degrees members care most about this week are:
- Campaigning for the NHS to get the funding it needs to give world-class care
- Making sure corporations pay their fair share of tax, and aren’t tax dodging
- Getting more funding for social care so that the elderly and vulnerable are cared
- 94% of people think we should keep building a people-powered Brexit plan – prioritising fairness, justice and the environment.
- The three new campaigns members most want to campaign on are:
- Campaign against changes to disability support (called PIP) which will see people with mental health problems worse off
- Campaign to stop housing developers from dropping their responsibility to build affordable housing
- Campaign to stop employers from exploiting new staff (e.g. asking them to work for free)
You can read more about the results here: https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/surveys/939/results/public