38 Degrees is one of the UK’s biggest campaigning communities, involving over 2 million supporters who campaign to make the UK a better place. We’re united by a set of shared values; to defend fairness, protect rights, promote peace, preserve the planet and deepen democracy.
In the space of a week, millions of members could be campaigning on anything from protecting our NHS and stopping cuts to Universal Credit, to saving local libraries and pushing for laws that welcome more refugees.
38 Degrees is fiercely independent. We don’t take donations from political parties, or big donors. We’re run on hundreds of thousands of small donations from the public. This independence means we never have to hold ourselves back from taking on those with power and can truly listen to our members.
The entire team is currently working remotely and we are open to applicants who would like to work remotely on a permanent basis.
Why you’ll want to work here
The 38 Degrees culture is honest, kind, supportive, courageous, and respectful. We move fast, and frequently change plans to respond to events. We work hard but we also have fun. We regularly enjoy team away days and social hours. Benefits include:
- 27 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer pension contribution,
- 24 hour employee support line
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Rental deposit loan
- Contribution to eye tests/glasses
- Learning and development budget
Special COVID provisions:
- 9-day fortnight (every other Friday off)
- COVID flex leave
We’re looking for a Campaigns Manager who can help us run and win impactful campaigns and serve a leadership role within our organisation.
You should be a strategic thinker, who already has an understanding of the British political landscape and can develop campaigns that influence decision makers. Day to day, you’ll use a wide range of campaign tactics with skill and sophistication: relationship management, digital mobilisation, offline tactics, political intelligence, and communications.
You’ll be expected to have significant input into the continuous improvements to the way we work to make us more effective. You will thrive on change and enjoy working on campaigns across many thematic areas. You’ll be confident at setting up, running, and making changes to teams working on projects and campaigns you lead.
Most importantly, you will be a champion for our members and be passionate about helping them advocate for a fairer and more equal country for us all. For more information on on the Campaign Manager role please click here
If you are interested in this role please send your application to email@example.com
38 Degrees is committed to inclusive working practices, so during the application process we commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you’re at 38 Degrees interviews or tasks
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back – and for overnight accommodation if you’re travelling from a long distance. Right now though, given the restrictions COVID-19 presents, we are expecting all interviews to be held online using zoom.
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have a BSL interpreters organised in advance if you’d like one
- If there anything else you’re concerned about or think we could provide, please let us know.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK at the time of appointment.
Please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here: https://home.38degrees.org.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice/
You can apply for this role by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your covering letter of no more than two pages details how you meet the requirements of this role.