38 Degrees is one of the UK’s biggest campaigning communities, involving over 2 million supporters who campaign to make the UK a better place. We’re united by a set of shared values; to defend fairness, protect rights, promote peace, preserve the planet and deepen democracy.
In the space of a week, millions of members could be campaigning on anything from protecting our NHS and stopping cuts to Universal Credit, to saving local libraries and pushing for laws that welcome more refugees.
38 Degrees is fiercely independent. We don’t take donations from political parties, or big donors. We’re run on hundreds of thousands of small donations from the public. This independence means we never have to hold ourselves back from taking on those with power and can truly listen to our members.
The entire team is currently working remotely and we are open to applicants who would like to work remotely on a permanent basis.
Why you’ll want to work here
The 38 Degrees culture is honest, kind, supportive, courageous, and respectful. We move fast, and frequently change plans to respond to events. We work hard but we also have fun. We regularly enjoy team away days and social hours. Benefits include:
- 27 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer pension contribution
- 24 hour employee support line
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Rental deposit loan
- Contribution to eye tests/glasses,
- Learning and development budget
Special COVID provisions:
- 9-day fortnight (every other Friday off)
- COVID flex leave
We’re looking for a Head of Campaigns to play a senior role in our campaigns team. You will help run and win campaigns that make the UK a better place but you’ll also be a key player in shaping the overall direction of 38 Degrees – including the culture, the team, and organisational strategy. Day-to-day you’ll be developing strategies and guiding teams to put those plans into action – no one day will be the same, you will work across projects and campaigns sometimes responding quickly to a news moment and other times working on longer term projects and campaigns. You’ll be a champion of our members and come up with ideas and tactics that will make real change in the world – from digital tools like petitions, to media and working with external partners and allies. For more information on on the Head of Campaigns role please click here
If you are interested in this role please send your application to email@example.com
38 Degrees is committed to inclusive working practices, so during the application process we commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you’re at 38 Degrees interviews or tasks
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back – and for overnight accommodation if you’re travelling from a long distance. Right now though, given the restrictions COVID-19 presents, we are expecting all interviews to be held online using zoom.
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have a BSL interpreters organised in advance if you’d like one them
- If there anything else you’re concerned about or think we could provide, please let us know.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK at the time of appointment.
Please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here: https://home.38degrees.org.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice/
You can apply for this role by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your covering letter of no more than two pages details how you meet the requirements of this role.