Feb 27th, 2014
Quick update on the Floods Relief Fund
Thousands of 38 Degrees members have donated to support the victims of the devastating floods. Thank you so much.
£143,000 has already been distributed to local community charities working with flood-hit communities. Including:
- the Norfolk Community Foundation, who are providing emergency food and clothing to those affected as well as bottle sterilisation equipment to stricken parents
- the Cornwall Community Foundation, who are distributing emergency crisis grants for things like food, accommodation and for organisations like local food banks
- the Somerset Community Foundation, who are providing emergency relief grants to meet the immediate costs of moving out, pumping and drying, and emergency repairs
- the Surrey Community Foundation, who will be awarding grants to help people with practical things like blankets, food, accommodation, emergency repairs and equipment
- the Wales Community Foundation who will be distributing emergency crisis grants to those without building insurance, to give people the ability to repair the structural damage to their homes.
- the Boston Rotary Club, who will be using the money to help people with urgent kitchen equipment
- SERVE ON, a volunteer emergency response organisation. The money will go towards training more people to help respond to the floods and towards upgrading boat engines needed to be able to respond to high speed water
These charities are getting urgent support to those who need it as quickly as possible. The office team are also speaking with other charities from across the UK to distribute the rest of the money.