Mar 29th, 2016
Weekly Member Survey Results – 26th March
By Danny Huber
As members of 38 Degrees, each one of us helps decide the issues we work on together to make change happen. Knowing what all of us care about is vital.
On Monday morning, the office team sit down with the results of this survey to help decide what’s on the table for the week. Here are the results (click on the image for a larger version):
We work best when we decide what to do together. People power shapes what we do together every day, and every week we ask you to decide what we should do next.
Since 38 Degrees started over six years ago we’ve grown together into a powerful movement. There are millions of us across the UK. Part of our strength is our ability to work on more than one issue at a time.
Here’s the list of questions in full for this week’s poll:
Should 38 Degrees…
- Protect the NHS from privatisation, increase its funding and fight local hospital closures
- Campaign to make sure big corporations – like Google – are paying their fair share of tax, and don’t get away with tax dodging
- Fight against welfare cuts that affect the poorest and most vulnerable
- Stop TTIP – the dangerous trade deal which could let corporations sue the government
- Campaign to protect our bees – vital to life on Earth – from habitat destruction and bee-killing pesticides
- Campaign to stop the government ripping the heart out of the BBC, forcing it axe local radio stations and much-loved tv shows
- Campaign to protect community pharmacy funding – cuts could lead to a quarter of local pharmacies around the UK closing down
- EU referendum: campaign to challenge political & media spin, and provide neutral fact-checking to help voters make up their minds
- Academies: campaign to keep our schools in public control and out of the hands of unaccountable private interests
- Campaign to stop MPs wasting parliamentary time by using tactics like filibustering
- Get phone companies like BT to stop ripping off customers with charges for landline services they never use
- Air pollution in our towns and cities kills thousands every year – campaign to force the government to take serious action to stop it