by Becca McCarthy Oct 17th, 2016
As members of 38 Degrees, each one of us helps decide the issues we work on together to make change happen. Knowing what all of us care about is vital.
On Monday morning, the office team sat down with the results of this survey to help decide what’s on the table for the week. Here are the results (1 is the ranked the highest priority and 10 is the lowest):
- Campaign for the NHS to get the funding it needs to give world-class care
- Campaign to stop welfare cuts that affect the poorest and most vulnerable
- Campaign to make sure corporations are paying their fair share of tax, and aren’t tax dodging
- Campaign for a people-powered Brexit plan, prioritising fairness, justice and the environment
- Campaign to stop CETA, a dangerous trade deal like TTIP, which could let corporations sue the government
- Campaign to protect our bees from habitat destruction and bee-killing pesticides
- Campaign together to highlight the suffering of civilians in Syria and encourage an end to the conflict
- Campaign to protect public parks and green spaces from local cuts and privatisation
- Campaign for more funding to prevent flood damageEU referendum
After the EU referendum, 38 Degrees members voted on how to respond to Brexit and its fallout. We decided to build a people-powered Brexit plan – prioritising fairness, justice and the environment – then campaign as hard as we can to push the debate in the right direction to shape what happens next. Is this still a good idea?