by Becca McCarthy Oct 3rd, 2016
As members of 38 Degrees, each one of us helps decide the issues we work on together to make change happen. Knowing what all of us care about is vital.
On Monday morning, the office team sat down with the results of this survey to help decide what’s on the table for the week. Here are the results (1 is the ranked the highest priority and 10 is the lowest):
- Campaign for the NHS in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland to get the funding it needs to give world-class care
- Campaign against welfare cuts that affect the poorest and most vulnerable
- Campaign to crack down on tax-dodging
- Campaign for better mental health services in Scotland
- Campaign to get bee-killing pesticides permanently banned from Scottish fields
- Campaign for a permanent ban on fracking and underground coal gasification (UCG) across Scotland
- Encourage members to take part in the Scottish Government’s consultation on the constitutional future of Scotland
- Campaign to make sure EU citizens are guaranteed the right to stay in Scotland
- Campaign to cut waiting times at GP surgeries
- Campaign to protect public parks and green spaces from local cuts and privatisation
After the EU referendum, 38 Degrees members voted on how to respond to Brexit and its fallout. We decided to build a people-powered Brexit plan – prioritising fairness, justice and the environment – then campaign as hard as we can to push the debate in the right direction to shape what happens next. Is this still a good idea?